Note: In the UK, the term of ‘Learning disability’ is used instead of ‘Intellectual disability’.
To read on Mencap website:
Mencap Trust Company Ltd
Mencap Trust Company Ltd is an independent, not-for-profit, discretionary trust service, set up by Mencap, 40 years ago
It’s natural to worry what will happen to your loved ones when you are no longer around — even more so when your loved one has a learning disability (and/or autism). Mencap Trust Company can help alleviate some of this worry by helping you plan a financially secure future for those you leave behind.
Protect their future
If you’ve been thinking about setting up a trust for a family member who has a learning disability (and/or autism), contact us today, to explore your options. You may want to:
- safeguard their benefits and entitlements
- ensure legal or financial responsibility for your family member is not placed on family or friends
- make allowances for unforeseen family circumstances that could prevent other family members taking on the trust — like poor health or premature death
- appoint a trustee who is well informed about learning disability rights and the needs of people with a learning disability
- choose a permanent, professional body who is experienced in trust law.
Whether you’ve done your research and have already made an informed decision to set up a discretionary trust for your loved one, or you are still deciding which trust is right for you and your family, contact us today. We can help.
Call us on 020 7696 6932 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To familiarise yourself with our friendly team, meet some of our beneficiaries, read our answers to frequently answered questions, or learn how we make decisions around how trust funds are spent, click on the cards below.