To read on Constant contact page:
Did you know there is no « maximum » age for attending bike camp? Yep. You are never too old to learn to bike. Campers of all ages experience the sheer joy and sense of accomplishment as they master biking. What are you waiting for? Get rolling and sign up for bike camp today!
Camp Application Information
Registration for iCan Bike – Twin Cities Bike Camp is based on balancing each camp session with individuals of varying ages and abilities. Bike fleet includes various size bikes to that are available during camp sessions, and a balance of campers is scheduled for each session to assure the best fit for each camper. The camp maximum capacity is 40 campers who apply and meet the camp participant requirements.
An essential prerequisite to attend camp is the individual’s desire to independently ride a two-wheel bike and motivation to participate daily. Please take pause and reflect on your prospective camper’s readiness to ride a two-wheel bike prior to completing and submitting the application. Our goal is to help as many campers as possible to successfully achieve independently riding a two-wheel bike during the weeklong camp.
Indicators of camper success to consider
- Is motivated and has the desire to learn to ride a two-wheel bike
- Maintain contact with bike pedals
- Maintain contact with handlebar
- Keep head up and look forward
- Has adequate strength to maintain riding speed
- Has adequate stamina to ride 75 minutes daily with short breaks for 5 consecutive days
- Follow basic instructions in a small group setting
- Has a personal bike suitable for learning
- Have the opportunity, immediately following the camp week, to practice bike riding
Participation Criteria (If all criteria are met, then the individual is eligible to participate)
- Minimum age of 8 years old
- Minimum inseam of 20” (to the floor)
- Maximum weight 220 lbs.
- Has a disability
- Able to walk without assistive device
- Able to sit upright independently
- Able to sidestep to both sides
- Able to wear a properly fitted bike helmet
- Able to attend all five camp days
There are five, 75 minutes sessions each day. You will be asked to select the session that works best for your family. The sessions are:
- 8:30 am – 9:45 am
- 10:05 am – 11:20 am
- 11:40 pm – 12:55 pm
- 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm
- 3:35 pm – 4:50 pm
Register by downloading the 2016 iCan Bike Twin Cities Rider Registration Form. Mac users: Please use Adobe Reader instead of Preview. Your form will come back to us blank and this will delay your registration process.