To read on ARCH website:
Rights Video Series
What is ARCH?
Vision and Mission Statement
ARCH Disability Law Centre, as a specialty legal clinic with a provincial mandate, undertakes to achieve this Vision by:
• Addressing issues that have an impact on low income people with disabilities, including the root causes of poverty
• Empowering people with disabilities
• Being recognized as experts in the law as it affects people with disabilities
• Addressing the heightened disadvantage, marginalization and exclusion faced by people with disabilities by reason of factors such as gender, race, age, language, economic status and sexual orientation.
VALUES AND PRINCIPLES
• Persons with disabilities have the right to life, self-determination, and full participation in a society free from barriers to their inclusion and integration;
• Persons with disabilities themselves are in the best position to determine their own priorities;
• All persons have a common responsibility to create communities accessible to all persons with disabilities.
• ARCH is a community-based organization, governed by a Board of Directors composed of a majority of persons with disabilities;
• ARCH is accountable to persons with disabilities in Ontario, its members and its funders.
Adopted by the Board of Directors, November 23, 2010