To read on Mass General Hospital website:
The Mass General Hospital Down Syndrome Program provides state-of-the-art care by a multidisciplinary team of providers for people with Down syndrome of all ages.
The Mass General Hospital Down Syndrome Program integrates state-of-the-art resources with compassionate, comprehensive care through a multi-disciplinary approach. National experts from Massachusetts General Hospital, MassGeneral Hospital for Children, and Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary are ready to help your family member with any medical issue that may occur.
Our Down Syndrome Program has five distinct clinical services to ensure that people with Down syndrome receive the specialty care that is specific for their age group:
- Prenatal Services We offer consultations in a private setting for expectant parents who have received a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome.
- Infant and Toddler Clinic (ages birth-5) Families will be educated about Down syndrome and comprehensive supports will be provided for their child’s early needs.
- Child Clinic (ages 5-13) The healthcare of children will be maximized so that they can achieve successes during school-aged years.
- Adolescent and Young Adult Clinic (ages 13-21) Families and youth will be supported and educated about transition planning. The goal is for your child to be prepared for adulthood and as engaged in their care as possible.
- Adult Clinic (ages 21 and older) Adults will be supported to lead healthy lives marked by meaningful engagements with their communities.
What will the appointment entail?
Each specific age group will have specialists available for that day that will meet the unique health care needs of individuals with Down syndrome for that specific age group.
How to Request an Appointment
To request an appointment, please first complete an intake form.
Team Members and Program Overview
Download our program overview and information about our team members in PDF format:
We are a collaborative, multidisciplinary team, serving people with Down syndrome of all ages and their families. We provide evidence-based clinical care, education, and cutting-edge research so that individuals with Down syndrome can reach their full potential.
Our passion is to provide healthcare, research, and education that contribute to a world in which all people with Down syndrome are accepted, celebrated and have the opportunity to fully realize their potential.
Mass General Hospital Down Syndrome Program has created a social story to help people with DS better understand how to talk to their doctors.