To read on Special Needs Apps website:
Let’s Learn Emotions
Let’s Learn Emotions is a quick and easy way for Speech Language Pathologists, Teachers, Parents, and Behavioral Professionals to promote Emotion recognition and understanding. Designed to go beyond memorization and recall, and to dive deeper into context and meaning, Let’s Learn Emotions comes with three modes: Flashcards, Matching, and Discussion. Users can also create their own emotions in seconds using their own pictures!
Let’s Learn Emotions: Learning emotions has never been so interactive! Create your own emotions on the fly for unlimited fun! With content written by a certified SLP, Let’s Learn Emotions is a great way for Speech Language Pathologists, Teachers, and Parents to teach children the ins-and-outs of different emotions. With 15 standard emotions and three interactive modes, Let’s Learn Emotions is a great tool just to pick up and go.The ability to create your own emotions using your own pictures, Let’s Learn Emotions is powerful and flexible enough to meet any user’s needs.
How Does “Let’s Learn Emotions” Work?
- Let’s Learn Emotions comes with three modes: Flashcards, Matching, and Discussion.
- Flashcards allows users to practice guessing what facial expressions correspond with each emotion. Each flashcard describes the emotion so the user can pick up on the different messages conveyed through the eyes, eyebrows, mouth, and overall attitude.
- Matching provides three images and asks the user to match the emotion name to the correct image. Incorrect guesses show as red, while correct guesses show as green, providing immediate feedback. Emotions can be randomized, ensuring that no two games are alike!
- Discussion is meant to dive deeper into why and when people feel certain emotions. For each turn, the user is provided with an emotion, and a “Prompt”, meant to encourage discussion. Rather than just recall, this puts the emotion in a context. When was a time you felt this way? If your friend felt like this, what would you say to them?
- Discussion also promotes real social interaction, with some prompts asking users to role play or make a face and have other players guess.
- Users can create their own prompts in a flash to build a totally unique game in seconds.
How Can I Customize “Let’s Learn Emotion” to My Needs?
Let’s Learn Emotions was designed to be as flexible as possible to meet the wide variety of needs SLP’s, Teachers, and Parents have. Let’s Learn Emotions provides the ability to:
- Create your own emotions, add your own pictures, and write your own descriptions. You can edit your emotions at any time!
- Write your own prompts for the Discussion game
- Pick and choose which emotions appear in Flashcards, Matching, and Discussion with ease
- Many settings to customize the games to your specific needs.
Who is “Let’s Learn Emotions” For?
Because the content was written by an ASHA Certified Speech Language Pathologist, Let’s Learn Emotions is a great tool for Speech Pathologists, Teachers, ABA Professionals and Parents to use with those who have Autism, ADHD, Developmental Delays, Social/Emotional Learners, and Neurotypical.
- 15 emotions standard
- Beautiful photos of real people
- Three Game Modes: Flashcards, Matching, and Discussion
- Create your own emotions using your own pictures and text!
- Create your own Discussion prompts!
- Text to Speech Support
- Many settings to customize
- Intuitive, beautiful design that puts the emphasis on the emotions
Let’s Learn Emotions comes with enough great content for Speech Pathologists, Teachers, and Parents to pick up and use right away, but is powerful and flexible enough to meet any user’s needs. Download it today to get started!