To read on United Response website:
Note: Learning disability in UK is the same thing than intellectual disability elsewhere.
Easy News is the first news magazine designed to be accessible for people with learning disabilities.
Politics and the news are often inaccessible to people with learning disabilities because of the use of jargon and difficult language – that’s why we decided to create an easy read news magazine.
Easy News is published every two months and focuses on the biggest news stories of those months. It is available in print and online.
- Download Easy News issue 1 as a PDF (January 2013)
- Download Easy News issue 2 as a PDF (March 2013)
- Download Easy News issue 3 as a PDF (May 2013)
- Download Easy News issue 4 as a PDF (July 2013)
- Download Easy News issue 5 as a PDF (October 2013)
- Download Easy News issue 6 as a PDF (December 2013)
- Download Easy News issue 7 as a PDF (February 2014)
- Download Easy News issue 8 as a PDF (April 2014)
- Download Easy News issue 9 as a PDF (June 2014)
We produced an easy read guide to the Budget announced mid-March 2014:
We have produced an Easy News election special for the EU elections in May 2014:
Recieving regular copies
We do both an online version and print version of Easy News. To request printed editions, email email@example.com.
Recieve a PDF version direct to your email inbox: Recieve Easy News online
Thanks to People First England
@People1stEng to have drawn my attention on this subject.