To see on LiveWorkPlay website:
With respect to paid work at minimum wage or better, short-term unpaid work, and volunteer positions, people with intellectual disabilities have the right to the removal of barriers preventing them from experiencing the community on an equal basis with other citizens. ~ “Work Value” adopted by LiveWorkPlay members at AGM 2011
Are you an employer interested in working with LiveWorkPlay to improve and diversify your workplace by hiring a person with an intellectual disability? Please contact our Manager of Employment Supports Jen Bosworth at 613-702-0327.
We are trained specialists who bring employers and people with intellectual disabilities together to create mutually beneficial employment relationships. We will provide you with:
- Proven expertise in matching potential employees to your business needs
- On-the-job training at the point of hire for the employee at no cost to the employer
- Personalized on-site training and on-going follow-up
- Ongoing on-the-job support and problem-solving for both the employee and employer
- On-the-job training for employees when job changes occur
- Accommodation solutions for interested employers
We would like to recognize some of our key employment supports partnerships: Rotary Club of West Ottawa/Rotary at Work, United Way Ottawa/EARN, and the Ontario Disability Employment Network! To learn more about some of the amazing employers that have been matched with a great employee with help from LiveWorkPlay please click here for a sample from 2011! Read More.